Kayla Walker Capstone

For my capstone, I made a website to talk about how COVID-19 had a negative impact on many nurses and other medical professionals. While the world never imagined the possibility of a global pandemic, nurses never expected that they would be pushed into the public’s eye and forced to aid patients without any prior knowledge of this new virus. At the beginning of the pandemic, nurses were called “heroes” because they were working and seeing firsthand the effects that COVID had on patients. Through all of that, they didn’t even know if the personal protective equipment (PPE) they were provided with would keep them safe. I decided to include three interviews. Two of them were Interviews with Critical-Care nurses at The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP or Penn), and one of the interviews was with a hospital administrator at Einstein. I decided to do this project because I wanted to give my mom a chance to tell her story. I wanted her to be able to express in words how she felt having to be around many COVID-19 patients. I saw how frantic and stressed out she was but she never got the chance to put it into words. By researching and seeing how many other nurses were affected by the pandemic I was able to understand slightly better what she went through.

Annotated bibliography
https://sites.google.com/scienceleadership.org/critical-care-nursing-during-c/home