Quarter 3 Art Blog

This quarter in Art I didn't decide to opt out of the class completely but I did skip over some assignments. In the beginning of the quarter I was going through some family issues so drawing wasn't the first thing on my mind. Instead, I chose to do the assignments that had to do with lots of color. I know art is an expression and I only wanted to express positive feelings and emotions. The first project I did was a color wheel. The color wheel consists of the primary colors, secondary colors, and tertiary colors. When I started, I had no clue what tertiary meant but once I started painting it all made sense. I used watercolors to paint my color wheel. At first, I thought I was doing the color wheel wrong because my colors didn't exactly match up to the ones I saw online but Ms. Hull informed me that you'll never get it to be perfect especially with the different textures you could use.

The second project I did was my own interpretation of the Primary Colors. There wasn't a real format of how we were supposed to do, it just had to include the 3 Primary colors. I decided to put the colors on the paper in the form of stripes. The basic premise of my project was to basically tell everyone that these are just the basics and the rest is up to you. I added up 2 of each of the primary as if I was doing math colors but I never showed the outcome. I want people to do what they want with the colors and mix them the way they want to and make whatever colors they choose. It's really all up to them. Art is about what you want it to be so I won't be the person to dictate your artistic expression.

This was the most challenging quarter for me but the work I've completed makes me proud despite everything I've recently gone through.

ColorWheel
ColorWheel
PrimaryColors
PrimaryColors