BBQ Chicken Recipe

Ingredients:

2 silver pans

1 1/2 cups of water (per pan)

30 Pieces of chicken winglets

2 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder

2 Tablespoons of Accent

18 oz bottle of BBQ sauce

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. 

2. Clean out the pans with soap and water.

3. Rinse each piece of chicken in warm water, then place in the two medium sided silver pans.

4. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of Garlic Powder and the 2 tablespoons of Accent in each pan.

5. Place both pans in the oven, allow them to bake for 2 1/2 hours or until they get a brown coating.

6. Once finished baking, take them out and pour BBQ sauce. Continue to bake again for another 1 1/2.

7. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes, then serve. 

Analysis:

This dish is a healthy and easy dish to make. The chicken is not only fresh, but its low in calories and fat because it is baked. Out of the whole dish the only thing that has some calories is the BBQ sauce which is about 680 calories. It isn't an unhealthy dish. And considering it doesn't take a lot of ingredients to make its very easy and fast to put together and makes the perfect meat to a normal dinner.

Reflection: 

This unit taught me a lot about what foods are healthy and what foods aren't. I have a better understanding of what is good for people ad what isn't. I also understood diabetes and how the body works. Due to this unit I cannot really look at the foods we eat the same because it seems as though the people who are in charge of our food are more focused on getting the job done then making sure the food we eat is safe. The issues I have with our food system is that health doesn't seem to be a huge factor for the people who retrieve the food for us and the people who eat it. All of the healthy foods are way to expensive, but the foods that aren't are cheap. The food industry seems to be a joke. The changes I want to make is to check the ingredients to foods and watch what I eat I'm willing to make these changes because this unit showed me I need to be more careful to what foods I eat.