Blog post #2

Blog Post #2

Just to recap what “Anchor Babies” are, are babies that are born from “illegal” immigrants. There are many controversies made about how they shouldn’t gain U.S. citizenship because their parents were not born in America and they were illegally here, while giving birth to their child, just so they had an excuse to stay in America.

“Anchor Babies” is a hot topic in America currently. A law that is being introduced that is trying to stop the babies from staying in the U.S. is bill H.R.1868 - Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009. Some say that this topic is connected to the Arizona law because both are trying to limit the amount of illegal immigrants in the states. Some find that “anchor babies” abuses the amendment because the 14th amendment states that  if you're born here, and you're not a diplomat's child, then you become a citizen. This way of getting into the country also seems demeaning towards the child. It’s like the child was made to be used for the parents selfishness, than being born out of love between 2 people.

The two senators that represents PA is Senator Robert Cassey and Senator Arlen Spector. The representative for Pennsylvania’s 1st congressional district is District 1 Robert Brady.

Pennsylvania state Rep. Daryl Metcalfe (above on the left side) says that the 14th amendment lets “foriegn” invaders, cross our borders and violate our laws. He takes it to heart how much these “invaders” are actually taking money from the U.S. citizens taxes, and the majority of the tax money are going to the “invaders” welfare checks instead of to the U.S. citizens benefit of fixing roads, getting supplies for schools, fixing schools, or even creating more jobs for the country. He has voted to agree with the new “anchor baby” law, which is, one of the parents must be a legal U.S. citizen, a documented resident who was allowed in the country, or the child of a alien (documented resident) who is in the military or navy.

Between the legistators and I, we both have the same views that illegal immigrants are spending money that can be spent on us, the U.S. citizens. There are many people here legally that are in poverty but the majority of the tax money going to welfares, are going to the illegal immigrants and their child. Also that if they wanted into the country, they should do it the legal way. It might take longer than crossing a border, but it’s worth it in a long run.

Extra information, “In 2009, San Bernardino County spent $64 million providing welfare benefits to U.S.-born children of illegal aliens.”