Carlos Rivera Artist Statement

Ceiling Tile - This is the symbol of the video game "Deus Ex", a sci fi shooter about conspiracies and the future of mankind. This painting uses shading, tinting, and shape placement to create the illusion of 3D. My best work so far. Fall Wall Hanging - This is a view of a fictional river in upstate. Used no.2 pencil to create the shape of everything and make the road. Also used colored pencil to color in fall colors, the cliff, and the river. Not my best work, but still decent Self Portrait - A portrait of me. Used the same techniques as in the fall wall hanging along with a selfie. Pretty proud of this one. Watercolor - A fruit basket on a table. Used watercolor techniques, like covering certain areas with tape temporarily, flicking the brush, and creating a shape before coloring it in. It's pretty good, could use some more color.