Danny Wirt

Ruben R. ​

Who did I speak to and why did I choose that person? 

I spoke to Ruben R. He lives in Spain and I talked to him through sharetalk. I found it to be an easy way to communicate, and he is 17 so he is my age which made it easier to talk to him. 

What did you learn about them? What did you learn from them? 

I learned that Ruben is trying to learn english because he finds that learning other languages are useful. I also found out that he likes Real Madrid and his favorite player is Benzema. He also found it to be weird that I take a class for spanish. 

How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goal?
I feel as though this interaction with Ruben was helpful in a sense that we are both trying to learn different languages, and we shared a common interest, soccer. 

What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations?  

I guess what I did well was being able to interact with him without using much english. I used a little english since he is obviously trying to learn as well, but for the most part i used spanish. 

What specifically do you need to improve on? (Quote specific things you said or did and what you would have done or said if you could do it again) 

There was one instance where i had said something that could have been said a different way, and he explained to me that it is different, which was nice because it was like he is aiding me in my process of learning a new language.