ID

My passport expired. My mom was really worried because tommorow were flying to North Carolina and she thought they would reject my only legit form of ID, which is my passport. I wasn't to concerned because we weren't flying out of the U.S but she got me all worked up and I was freaking out. I called the place all panicked and asked if they wouldn't let me board due to an expired passport and if it was okay if I use my school ID, birth certificate, and social security card. They guy made me feel like an idiot. He gave the blunt response of, "yeah you can", but he said in a tone like duh you can what kind of question is that. So i was like alright thanks asshole I'm just trying to be on top of things here. I didn't actually say that but it's what I was thinking. I kind of wish I had the balls to say that. Anyways, what I learned from this whole situation is that I should have gotten my drivers license because that would have been a legit form of ID and would have not been expired by now.  However, I have no interest in learning how to drive and will just get my passport renewed.