Islam

My slide is all about my religion, Islam. Islam is a monotheistic religion where Muslims believe that there is no god but Allah and Muhammed is his messenger. We mostly practice peace but all of Allah’s teachings and beliefs are written down in the Holy Quran (scripture of Islam) in Arabic and translated to english in some Qurans. Muslims believe that there are 5 things that can get you into heaven, the five pillars of Islam. Shahada, believing that there is no God but Allah and Muhammed is his messenger. Salat, performing the 5 daily prayers every single day. Zakat, which is basically giving money to charity or providing needs for the less fortunate as a whole. Sawm, fasting in the month of Ramadan. The last one is Hajj, making pilgrimage to Mecca, the best place to go repent for your sins.

Muslims are only supposed to celebrate one holiday and one holiday only, Eid. Eid is celebrated twice a year, right after Ramadan is over, and almost a month or 2 after that. Ramadan consists of fasting for 30 days for the purpose of the homeless. We sacrifice food during this month and it’s the holiest month for Muslims and a lot of minor sins are forgiven during this time.

1 Slide Project (2)