Little Sisters Podcast James, Kamil, and William

Title: Different Views
Podcast Title: Little Sisters

Summary:
In this episode we look through three literary lenses and apply them to what happens during our reading of 1984 by George Orwell. We pay special attention to O'Brien and Winston's interaction. We also look Dreams, and women's roles in the society.

Evidence:
  • O’Brien invites Winston to his place to review the tenth edition of the Newspeak dictionary (161)

• “Do you know that until this moment I believed I had murdered my mother?” (164)

• The chapters in Goldstein’s book are titled with the same political propaganda that the party delivers over and over: “Ignorance is strength,” “War is peace,” etc. (188)

• “I don’t mean confessing. Confession is not betrayal. What you say or do doesn’t matter; only feelings matter. If they could make me stop loving you—that would be the real betrayal.” (170)

• “The whole atmosphere of the huge block of flats, the richness and spaciousness of everything, the unfamiliar smells of good food and good tobacco…” (171)

• “The past is whatever the records and memories agree upon. And since the Party is in full control of all records, and in equally full control of the minds of its members, it follows that the past is whatever the Party chooses to make it.” (219)

• “It was behind the picture” (227)

• “It was my little daughter. She listened at the keyhole. Heard what I was saying, and nipped off to the patrols the very next day.” (240)

Lauren Brown (Student 2019)
Lauren Brown

Will - You did a fantastic job hosting. You spoke clearly, had some smooth ass transitions, provided great connections to the lenses, and had some really good energy! James - Would've loved to hear more of your thoughts, but you made great points about the social classes and spoke audibly. Kamil - Super good job with your analysis! Love how smoothly you quoted a section from the beginning of the book. PS. Room 101 sounds super interesting.

Great job guys! Nice podcast.

Imani Murray (Student 2019)
Imani Murray

I really enjoyed the intro. You guys did a good job with the overall quality of the podcast. When it comes to the points that you bring up and then lens you focused on I feel like you did a great job with that as well. Love the name as well.

Alan Li (Student 2019)
Alan Li

I like how all three literary integrated well in this podcast. It feels immersive in a way when I listen to the podcast. Even though I do not know a lot about 1984, I am able to a good understanding of the book because of the context you guys provided and the ways you guys incorporated the information into the podcast.

Zoey Tweh (Student 2019)
Zoey Tweh

This podcast has great sound quality to begin with! The points made around the historical lense was very interesting and lead and made the book seem more interesting and made me want to read it. The transition between each topic is pretty smooth aswell. Overall great job guys, looking forward to hearing more!

Maciej Pokora (Student 2019)
Maciej Pokora

I really enjoyed the clarity of the audio, it made it very easy to follow along. The title and picture were very compelling and it brought me in, and the in-depth analysis got me to stay.

Israt Jahan (Student 2019)
Israt Jahan

their podcast is really nicely edited and there's no other background sounds other than the sound of their voice. the title of their podcast is really eye catching for some reason and it make you want to read it.

Avraham Cantor (Student 2019)
Avraham Cantor

This podcast is great! I think that your group's analysis is really insightful and I love that you guys brought in stuff from the outside world like the Chinese regime. You guys seamlessly tied in stuff about the different literary lenses and I could tell that the podcasts points were very well thought out. Great job!