Lobbying: A Lower Legal Drinking Age

I am lobbying for the legal drinking age to be lowered. There have been a lot of arguments over the course of the years whether the legal drinking age should be lowered or not. Government and politicians have debated about this many times before. 
My motivation is reading on Facebook so many of the kids in my neighborhood's statuses about going out to kegs in the woods, at the "Halloween Spot," which is basically an area on the train tracks behind the local cemetery. I feel as if the legal drinking age was lowered, the teens in my neighborhood wouldn't go out and drink in dangerous places because they needed to hide from adults and police. They could drink in the safety of a friend's house or even at their own, where there could be much less a risk of getting physically hurt. If the drinking age was lowered, adults would be able to moderate their teen's drinking, if they were to drink, so they wouldn't over do it and wind up harming their selves.  
One of the main supporters of my lobbying idea is John McCardell, who is the Vice Chancellor of the University of the South in Tennessee. Minnesota politicians also want to lower the drinking age to 18 rather than 21 because it'll "stimulate" the economy by allowing the law enforcement resources to be used somewhere more useful rather than trying to wrangle teens who drink.

The main opponents within the drinking age debate are:
- teens
- parents
- politicians
- police 
- alcohol distrubuters

Currently there isn't any pending legislation. I would like to see the drinking age to be lowered proposed. I think that it would change a lot for our country, especially those who go out and get hurt by drinking in dangerous places just to hide from the authorities and parents. 
Drinking can be a harmless thing, but when it's taken out of control, that's when people need to worry. There is a lot of comments on how people should be able to drink if they are able to serve in the war. One woman stated, "It's outrages that a member of our military can be subjected to the horrors of the war, but can't legally have a beer or smoke a cigarette. Any soldier who braves military combat and risks their life for our country should be treated like an adult -- in every sense of the word."