Lobbying Against Fracking

Process%20of%20hydraulic%20fracturing
Process%20of%20hydraulic%20fracturing
Fracking is a shortened version for Hydraulic Fracturing, which is a process to drill horizontally for natural gas. Above is a diagram which displays the process is short detail. In Pennsylvania fracking is happening a lot more often because it was discovered that natural gas was right under our feet under a huge rock called the Marcellus Shale. If we keep drilling for natural gas in the Marcellus Shale, it ground will become more and more unstable. This is horrible because many people live close to, near, and even maybe on top op portions of the Marcellus Shale. If the foundation of the houses are unstable then it may be dangerous for people to live in these houses. Fracking also has gone wrong by it contaminating the drinking water of many homes. Although the human body is made up of 70% water, water is a very large necessity in order for Humans to survive. How will a human survive without water clean enough for them to drink coming out of their own faucet? Some would say that if that water is contaminated, couldn't people just boil the water and then it would be pure enough for one to drink? But I would respond to that by saying that the drinking water coming out of the faucet is contaminated with Natural Gas which cause the water to be flammable so if one attempts to boil the water they may end up blowing their entire kitchen up in flames. To view an example of this click here. (Links to excerpt of the documentary "Gasland") 

There have been many protest about fracking. Most recently there was one in Center City. There was an anti-fracking rally (for more info on the rally click here) 
20110908_inq_he1frack08-a
20110908_inq_he1frack08-a
​Many environmentalist and victims of contaminated drinking water gathered at the rally in Center City, pictured above, to cause awareness and try to rally to stop fracking. Many natural gas companies tried to explain why fracking is beneficial but these protesters rallied on. Currently the people who rallied didn't get much justice, but they plan to rally all over Pennsylvania to get everyone to say Frack No!