Macbeth Creative Project Koffi & Zimmerman

In creating this project, Eli and I wanted to do something different that we felt would truly portray our knowledge of Macbeth. We decided to make a newspaper in the perspective of a newspaper reporter that is to the everyday citizens in Scotland. We made this decision because we all know what happens in the castle, but by having the newsletter made in a citizen’s perspective we are revealing how citizens are reacting to the things that are happening in the book. It gives us the non royal view of the situation, we’re looking in on the royal family's life.

Our letter consists of things that we felt all newspapers have, like articles, a crossword, and an ad . Our headline article is about the crowning of Macbeth. We agreed that this would be the main article because a new king’s crowning would be very apparent, especially after the sudden untimely death of King Duncan. In addition we decided if the reporter was in this situation he would’ve wanted to make Macbeth the headline because he essentially has a major influence over the reporter life. Our second article was on the fleeing of Prince Malcolm and Prince Donalbain. This article went into depth about why the two princes left from the reporter's point of view. Our third and final article was about the death of King Duncan. In this article the reporter got in depth with the conspiracy behind why certain people would have a motive to kill King Duncan. The article also went on to explain how the murder would have been laid out, meaning how the murderer would have gotten into the king’s room.      

Doing this project taught us that communication is important. Throughout the duration of this project we had long periods of time where we didn’t talk. This lead to us misinterpreting information and finishing the main aspects of the project. Luckily being done early isn’t much of a problem, but if we communicated better this misunderstanding could’ve been avoided. We also learned that having a written calendar is a great idea and one that we will use in our future projects. Having a calendar is like having a written contract that holds us both accountable to the work we do and do not finish on time.

Both Eli and I are satisfied with the final product of our project. Before we started we established goals and we feel as though all those goals were met. Our project looks like a real newspaper that could have been written around the time of Macbeth. It has all the things we felt a basic newspaper should have. If we were to do this project again we would have added more of a creative element to the project. In our minds a newspaper seemed to have more of an artistic appeal than what our outcome was. Even though the newspaper was a good idea it was not as unique as we originally thought it to be.

We had several days during class and outside of school of just taking notes and annotating the things we wanted to use in our newspaper

Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 6.22.59 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 6.22.59 PM
We also had multiple sessions on google hangouts to share ideas and thoughts throughout the winter break
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 7.52.31 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 7.52.31 PM
We had to communicate a lot outside o f class. These are pictures of how technology helped in the process of completing this project
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 6.25.13 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 6.25.13 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 6.25.37 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 6.25.37 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 6.26.04 PM
Screenshot 2016-01-18 at 6.26.04 PM
​This is our final product. The completed, official Scotland Post
Macbeth Newspaper

Meymey Seng (Student 2019)
Meymey Seng

I liked that instead of choosing something that was one of the choices, you guys went outside the box and made a newspaper! I liked the way you formatted this and the way that the information flows so nicely.