Marquis Simmons Drawings

This quarter I drew two pictures, the see-through glass drawing and the full body drawing.

Glass Drawing:
For the glass drawing, I used charcoal and an eraser. The charcoal was used to shade the background and draw the actual glass. Then I used an eraser to create the reflection of the light off of the glass. The hardest part of this drawing was making sure the reflection of the light looked right and in the correct perspective of the glass. I didn't want to make the light look too unreal, but I also didn't want to not have enough of the light because it would have taken away from the 3-D aspect of the picture.

Full Body Drawing:
The full body drawing was the hardest out of the two drawings I did. Going into the drawing I thought it would be easy. I started off by outlining the model's body from my perspective of her. Then I tried to get into detail by adding little things to the picture. It was hard to try to copy her exactly and to keep certain parts of her body in proportion to the rest of it. If I had more time, I would have probably gone more into the details of her face and clothing; adding shade would have given the picture a more realistic aspect.
CIMG0037
CIMG0037
CIMG0035
CIMG0035