Matt Walker Descriptive Writing

Boom! Bang! Bang! “Ha take that,” I said to the people on my Xbox 360. Then my family ran in like a pack of wild wolves knocking things over and tripping over each other and they say  “Mat turn your game off the Phillies are on.” At the time, I was too into my game and didn’t care about the World Series and kept playing. Then my mom’s voice got serious and I turned off my game quicker than a little kid runs and gets ice cream.           

The house started shaking after every run the Phillies scored and it was like the air was sucked out of the room every time they scored. It was now the 9th inning and the Phillies were up 3 to 2 and Brad Lidge was pitching everyone was nervous and the pitches came in.  1 out. The room started to fell tenser. 2 outs. Everyone sat at the edge of his or her seats praying we got this last strike out. 3 outs my family went crazy and knocked over the wood framed picture of my sister and the glass cracked and flew everywhere as they ran out the door. We were not the only one’s outside there were many others outside screaming and cheering. We headed down to Main Street There were a lot of Phillies fans down there, spraying multi-colored silly string, drinking and jumping around which cause their Phillies hats to fall to the ground. I had to get away from the party because I had to wake up early the next day to go to school. 

When I woke up the next day I got down on my hands and knees and begged my mom to stay home like someone would beg god for forgiveness. She said “ Mat I already told you, that you can’t because you already missed enough from being sick with a stomach virus”! I just kept begging but every time I got the no response. So eventually I gave up. I got showered got dressed with all my Phillies stuff and when I went downstairs I grabbed my Phillies hat that had a brown Phillies P surrounded by an ocean of sky blue and a brown and white diagonally checkered rim, and put on my head in a tilt. As I walked up to the bus stop every Phillies fan that saw me, said “yeah go Phillies” and every Ray’s fan that I saw looked at me and just put their head down in shame and every time that happened I would get a smile on my face as if I was the one who beat the Tampa Bay Ray’s. When I got on the cheese bus all my friends had on their red and white to represent their team except for my one friend that sat in the back and looked like he was as lonelier than someone stranded on a faraway island. I sat next to my tall friend and he handed me a twenty-dollar bill from the bet that we made a couple weeks before the World Series started. I respected that he lived up to his word so I handed it back to him and said, “Keep it” he immediately lifted his head said “thanks” and smiled. It was then that I realized that friends could be just like family sometimes.

When I got into school it was like my couple of friends and I were isolated. We could hear the water drip from the sinks on the third floor. The school was almost completely empty. There were about 10 kids out of 22 in every class and the teachers didn’t want the other kids to get behind so we were allowed to get on the computers. My friends and I all got on game websites such as www.addictinggames.com and www.maxgames.com this was all before the school district blocked everything but that’s a different story. After about two classes of nothing but games we all decided to start helping each other in subjects that we didn’t understand or homework we didn’t do. While we were doing that two of my friends got into a fight over a reason that I don’t know. Knowing that they were both my friends and friends with each other me and my other friend held them both back so that we could stop the fight. After the heat got turned down we let them go so that they could talk it out. By the next class they were both friends again and messing around with each other. I realized that friends and family all do things together and help each other out no matter what the circumstances and that encouraged me to go home and hug everyone of my family members.