Megan Doe's recycable doll house.

Artist Statement

The work that I do is to challenge myself. I mostly dive into projects headfirst and gradually discover what I am capable of. My attitude towards my art is similar to my personality. I am impulsive and as a result things either work out- or they don’t. Moreover, I am not scared to ask for help or to explore different aspects of art.

I make decisions based on beauty and sensibility. I am not the most experienced artist, so there is no ‘one’ technique I tend to sway towards. I use what I can to get the deed done. If I know I want to paint, I use paint and a brush; there is no need to complicate things.

Through this project, I wanted to demonstrate originality and act on inspiration. Although my work is nowhere near spectacular as Colleen Moore’s fairy castle, the thought of creating a dollhouse out of recyclables was pleasing. Trying to restrict my materials was challenging. I made the dollhouse furniture out of recyclable materials such as packaging bubble wrap, cardboard, and old gift-wrap and paper. Furthermore, I experimented with architecture throughout this project. I found it challenging to find ways to hold the dollhouse structure stable.

Colleen Moore
Colleen Moore
​Sketch/Process
sketch 1_mdoe
sketch 1_mdoe
Process-1
Process-1
Process-2
Process-2
Process 3
Process 3
​Final Product
Photo on 2010-11-05 at 15.08
Photo on 2010-11-05 at 15.08
Photo on 2010-11-05 at 15.07
Photo on 2010-11-05 at 15.07