Musical Blog Post #2

​1. How is sound produced by this instrument (now that you know more about sound, please try to refer specifically to the energy transfer and vibrations)?
For a flute, the referring to energy transfer and vibrations, sound is produced by having a standing wave of air in the column of the instrument. At the end of a flute, air moves freely. A flute is an example of a standing wave.

2. Based on your understanding, how are you changing the pitch? What physical characteristics are important in this instrument?
I'm changing the pitch by blowing into the different holes I will make. Each hole will be of a different frequency. 

3. What materials will you actually be using for your instrument and why? How will you play your instrument? What is your plan for constructing the instrument?
I will be using PVC pipe for my instrument. I will play it as I said before by blowing into the different holes.

4. What outstanding questions do you still have?
My design of the flute is different from the traditional design and I wonder will it still work as good.