Portfolio #6 (Book Report)

Introduction: Write my book reports were easy. But reading the book not that good. When ever i read a book i fall asleep but i still find a way to finish the book. Then after i finish the book i forgot some facts in the books that would help me alot in my book report. But i think i did pretty good in both, but some reason i think my second book report is better. It is just my opinion.

Twisted

Laurie Halse Anderson

INTRODUCTION

I have been reading a book called Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson. Most of you guys know her by the book called “Speak” which was New York Times bestseller. In this book report I will be telling you guys about the adventures that the main character Tyler miller goes through in this story and you guys will find out what happens to him if you continue reading.

SUMMARIZE

Tyler miller was a 17-year-old kid, who no one ever noticed. His popularity was so low that almost no one knew he exist, until the day where he decides to go do graffiti on the school. He does graffiti during junior year. Tyler had to pay for the consequences so he was forced to do outdoor summer work. But when he goes back to school, he becomes so much popular. Everyone noticed him, especially a girl named Bethany Millbury. Tyler and Bethany relationship do go up along in the story. But Bethany father tells Tyler that if he doesn’t stay away from her, her father will fire Tyler’s dad because he works for Bethany’s father. But also the fights of his angry dad go up. One day Tyler decided to go and get drunk at a party, which made him kind of crazy. Also the way that the staff members at his school treated with disrespect was very awful. After, when all these situations happen and he realize that being popular is really not that cool, thoughts of suicide came up on his head.

The Main Character of this book is Tyler, the person that the book is about. Cha

cha is Tyler’s best friend. Tyler dad is Tyler’s dad. Bethany

Is the girl that Tyler had a crush on. Bethany’s father is Tyler’s dad boss.

The conflict of the story is basically trying to tell you that once something good happens, there is always a after shock which hits you right after. In the book when Tyler was not popular nothing bad really happened to him, until he became popular. Then thoughts of suicide came up, which was a big deal for him and everyone around him. The type of conflict in this story is man vs. self. The reason I think so, is because Tyler is basically fighting with his own mind if he should kill him self or not.

My favorite character in the book is Tyler. Some reason I alls find the main character of the book interesting. Well, the reason why I think this is my favorite character is because Tyler goes through a lot and for some kids now if thoughts of suicide come up they attempt and sometimes it works. But for Tyler he thinks everything through which makes him very smart. In the story he had the gun ready to blast his head off, but then he thought to him self that living with his father makes him dead already.

This book teaches a lesson. It shows that when even something is going wrong talk to the person about it. It may end up bad but at least that person knows the he or she is the bad one. And also try to stay calm but keep your guard up at all times just incase anything happens.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCES

I can relate the story just a little bit. It was a long time ago where I had problems with my dad happen similar to Tyler. But instead of me wanting to kill my self it was my mom. The way my dad treated the family was kind of horrible but my mom stood strong basically watching two kids and handling with all of that. The only did I did that was similar to Tyler was doing something wrong and being popular after that. So, one day some boy decided that he wanted to go get people and jump me. It was a long time ago in the 7th grade. I let it go until the next day at school where people keep saying things to me about what happen. So I decided to affront him he was scared. He knew if he said something I would of just hit him. After this day people started talking to me and everything became great.

YOUR OPINOIN

Honestly I like this book. I really don’t like ready books but when I read this it was a bit confusing. But it keeps me interested when all the drama happens. I think that the only problem I had of with this book is that they keep changed their mood, which made me feel confuse. I couldn’t tell if it was an argument or just a talk. But the easy part of this story is that it keeps me ready until I feel asleep. Usually when I first read I just knock out but with this book I don’t knock out until 1 hour. I think this book is fine the way it is. It’s like a book that cant be change because if you change it, the story will be horrible. So, I would love for this book to stay the way it is.

YOUR RECOMMENDATION

I would recommend this book to most teen readers. Because a lot of teens these days are going through the same as Tyler miller. So, they can have a story where they can relate to and also enjoy.