Q2 Hope picture- De'Lesha Jackson

For the quarter 2 project in my art class we were told to create somethings that meant something to us. I decided to draw a picture of the symbol of hope which is a dove. I wanted to draw something with hope because there are so many things and people out there that need it so bad. So while I was drawling the dove I started to doodle a little more and just decided to add more things. It was a picture that progressed from day to day. 
I started with a dove and then drew a tree. A tree that represents life and bearing of things. I wanted the tree to symbolize the fact that the dove was bringing hope to the tree and the tree was going to distribute hope to different disasters or things that need it. It was a big enough tree that the dove was just going to sit in the tree and just give out hope to everyone. 
Then as the picture progressed I began to draw different disasters or things that I felt need hope. I drew about 5 different things a broken heart, a hurricane, a fire, massive winds, and a crash. These things are most common in disasters and things people go through almost everyday in different environments and places. Also on the other side of the paper is a laugh now cry later mask that I chose to draw reverse. I chose to draw a cry now laugh later mask because during the bad things you cry but then when you receive hope you feel better about things and you can smile and laugh. It is going to drop behind that end of the dove and not be as bold as everything else but still seen. I chose this because I don't want it to be the main thing in the picture I just want it to be seen.
I really enjoyed drawing this because it was fun and it actually came out looking like something. I'm not the greatest artist I like to say that I can't draw but when I drew this picture it was really encouraging and it gave me hope that I might have a hidden talent.