Quarter 1 Art Portfolio

In grade school I used to be an art major. Unfortunately I did kind lose a little bit of my talent so please don't judge on nothing I created. Anything you make is basically art. What I did in this wonderful, entertaining 1st quarter was 4 different projects. I had to paint a ceiling tile, make a drawing of anything I want to draw, draw a jack-o-lantern in any medium, and finally create a self portrait of myself. Personally it felt great to actually start doing art again, because it feels like a free time for me just to relax and put my mind off of other things that happens in school. My art might not be the greatest but it shows that I actually take the time to make my very own work. 

Ceiling Tile: This was my favorite project. I really love to paint. I decided to go with a Keith Haring painting because I admire his work. I love how the colors stand out in all of his paintings. It might look like something easy to do, but you have to understand I just started doing art again. I feel great on how it came out. I like the bright colors I used. The purple might seem a little dark but I like it stands out because you don't just at everything, your eyes can actually go around in a circle to actually notice everything.

Drawing of anything I want to draw: I really wanted to do a pencil drawing. I remember in grade school art, my favorite project to do was graffiti projects, so I was like why not because it would just remind me of memories. If you cannot make out what the word said, it is "life". I used that word because the word life comes from different aspects of a person's personality.  

Jack-o-lantern: Its another pencil drawing because, like I said I like to make pencil drawings. I don't remember exactly what made me make the face of the jack-o-lantern look evil and happy and the same time. I don't know but it makes me laugh and enjoy it every time. 

Self Portrait: I did my best to draw myself. I using my camera on my phone to look at myself while i was drawing it. My favorite part of the drawing is the outline of my head, hair, and ears because those specific parts actually do look like the actual me. It was a neat little experience of doing the self portrait. I would love to do that again in the future.

In  conclusion I enjoyed making my own art in this 1st quarter. Art makes me feel relaxed and stop thinking about a lot of things in school. I can't wait to see whats going to happen in the second quarter!