Quarter 2 Project: Black&White vs Color

For my 2nd quarter project I wanted to show the contrast between color and black and white. At first I wasn't sure how I would show this, but one day when I was really angry I made a splatter painting. I painted the page black and then threw colors onto it. The result was this:

Screen shot 2011-01-25 at 8.41.32 AM

Next I got a white sheet of paper and splattered just black paint on it. The comparison of the two is this:

Screen shot 2011-01-25 at 8.44.09 AM

After, I got another white sheet of paper and splattered colors onto it. The I painted a piece black and splattered white on it. The resulting comparison was this:

Screen shot 2011-01-25 at 8.48.34 AM

From here I wanted to draw actual shapes and things so I started a colorful drawing with flowers and got this:

100_0200

Instead of finishing my colorful project I moved onto a black and white Mandala drawing on the opposite side of the paper. This took ridiculously long to make, but the result was this:

Screen shot 2011-01-25 at 8.39.37 AM

This was my favorite thing to make, even though it was epically difficult. The comparison between my two final drawings is this:

Screen shot 2011-01-25 at 8.39.08 AM

I had a lot of fun doing every aspect of this project. I just wish I would have done this blog post on time :(