Super Freakonomics Podcast Part 1 - Ava Olsen and Michelle Friedman

This is our first installment of our Super Freakonomics podcast series. We intended for the podcast to be a lot shorter, but we couldn't help but get more in depth into the extremely interesting topics that this book has to offer. Although this is only the introduction segment that summarizes and discusses the introduction of the book, for our future podcasts, we plan on cutting down our speaking time if this poses a problem. This prologue chapter (introduction to the book) highlighted a plethora of issues involving statistics and a necessity for a deep understanding of math and how these situations relate to it. Each subject/category that was introduced is pretty much completely unrelated, but each is tied together with statistical comparisons and economics that make the topics alluring and hard to believe. We examined many of the key stories that we think were important to take apart and really understand. Our intended audience should be interested in math and how it relates to things happening over time and what they mean for the populations that are involved.