The Cops

​It all happen last summer in mid July. My skateboard crew and I decided to take a trip to center city for some skateboarding. After we got off the 23 bus we decided to skate down to love park. Love park is like paradise for skateboarders in Philly. The ground is smooth, perfect ledges, and lengthy staircases.
As we started to skate the perfect place, we attracted more skaters. They started swarming like locusts. It was only a matter of time before our time of fun turned into trouble. As more skaters came, it attracted more attention. Soon we heard police sirens. It was time to run. Skaters all over the place started to scramble away as police on bikes and foot try to take us down. My friend and I sprinted to city hall, since its the closest place of refuge. We were wrong about city hall being our savior. The place had police officers on bikes trying to take us down. I'll only hope for escape was Mcdonalds. We ran in the street dodging traffic to get to Mickey D's. We were safe.
We stayed there and waited for the heat to die down. We left Mcdonalds and headed to city hall. We seen a cop putting a skater into the back of his car, with his friend pleading the cop to let him go. The officer refused to feel pity. My friend and I regrouped and decided that this area is too dangerous to skate right now so we decided to go to the gallery to grab a bite to eat. As it got late we headed back to love park where we found skaters skating. We joined in. It was 11:00. The cops didn't bother us anymore.