"Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely"

​In this blog post, I present to you the creative extension of my Macbeth quote analysis. This project, based on the tragic downfall of Lady Macbeth, is one of my favorites that I've done this year. It, as I stated, represents the downfall of Lady Macbeth. I intended to portray my thesis visually, which read "Lady Macbeth, the epitome of a power-hungry woman, has a querulous personality that swells with an ambition that eventually leads to her demise." 

The small orbs on the top of each box were painted with specific colors. I referred to a mood-ring chart to show Lady Macbeth's various emotions throughout the play ranging from stormy and passionate to lonely and paranoid. I set the boxes in descending order by height to visually show her downfall, and because the boxes had lids and could be opened, I put the quotes that I analyzed for that specific body paragraph in each box and I was done. 

The process for my project was actually rather timely; it only took about an hour and a half to finish and I did so the night before with ample time left in the night for me to sleep. The only problems I encountered during the creation of this project were gluing pieces in the wrong order and having to reorder things, mixing colors to properly coincide with those on the mood chart, printing problems, and actually getting my project to school. However, there were very few learning walls and mind-blocks for me to experience. 

IMG_20130410_093618
IMG_20130410_093618
IMG_20130410_093635
IMG_20130410_093635
IMG_20130410_093629
IMG_20130410_093629
I'm definitely most proud of the design of this project. It was something I wasn't sure exactly how to put together; it sort've began as an idea without a plan, but for me to pull through and make it look relatively professional and artistically display my thesis. This is, as I said, one of my favorite projects thus far in my freshman year and I'm sure I'll remember it down the road.

In my classmates projects, I saw a deep thoughtfulness throughout. The artistic qualities of my classmates and the ability to be as innovative as some were was extremely noticeable. I appreciate their hard work and I feel that there was a level 'playing-field'. No projects were absolutely utterly mind-blowingly incredible, but no projects were dull, drab, or pointless.

IMG_20130410_093659
IMG_20130410_093659
IMG_20130410_093727
IMG_20130410_093727
IMG_20130410_093756
IMG_20130410_093756
In my own project, I do see a bit of myself and my project should certainly reflect who I am. It's clear and concise, but it does require someone to present, making it interactive and enjoyable at the same time. I learned that once I can take an idea and run with it, my creativity flows from my fingertips. My process for this project is certainly something I'll take with me for the rest of my years at SLA. 

Please pardon the relatively poor image quality on the pictures of my project.