Abstract

In my previous posts, I made a number of drawings for bother abstract emotion and abstract motion. The next step was to either incorporate the drawings or just start from scratch. I didn't really want to do that because I wanted people to see how I can mix in my work together so I made a quilt! This was a messy project because all of my drawings were covered in pastels and they were getting pastel powder every where. Also, it was also hard to keep them from smearing.

The steps I took to complete my quilt weren't as simple as I thought they would be. I first gathered my materials which was yarn, scissors, hole puncher and my abstract drawings. I first hole punched my drawings and then connected them together with yarn. At the time, I had both landscape pictures and portrait pictures so it was hard to attached them together but I finally got it in the end.

I know a piece is done when I can step back and look at all of the work I did. I also can look at my work and have a sigh of relief because I see what I am capable of. When my work is going well, I am filled with a sense of relief. When people see my work, I'd like them to see my hard work and give me their comments.

photo
photo