Abstract Motion

When I work with pastels, I am reminded that I can smear and add a lot of effects to the drawing. My favorite materials and tools was both my fingers and my pastel. I begin a piece by having a back drop. Then I added my ideas onto the sheet using a sharpie. Then I add different colors to illustrate the motions. 

The best thing I did was the cluttered motion below. It showed the different shapes wanting to get out. I know when a piece comes out right when some one asks me: Is that supposed to be abstract?" and question it. But to me, as long as it falls under the moving category, it works! My favorite colors were the light faded colors and as you can see, I used them to my advantage.

I know a piece is done when I can step back and look at all of the work I did. I also can look at my work and have a sigh of relief because I see what I am capable of. When my work is going well, I am filled with a sense of relief. When people see my work, I'd like them to see my hard work and give me their comments.
photo 2 (2)
photo 2 (2)
photo 3 (3)
photo 3 (3)
photo 4 (1)
photo 4 (1)
photo 5 (1)
photo 5 (1)
photo 1 (3)
photo 1 (3)
photo 2 (3)
photo 2 (3)
photo 3 (4)
photo 3 (4)
photo 4 (2)
photo 4 (2)
photo 5 (2)
photo 5 (2)