Advanced Essay #1:Change is inevitable

Introduction: My goal for this essay was to bring comfort to the reader. Change is something that everyone must endure. Although change may be uncomfortable the things that come from it are necessary for personal growth. I am proud of my overarching idea in this essay because it’s something I will remember for the rest of my life. I would like to improve getting m point across in more detailed and concise sentences.

Advanced Essay #1: I heard my mom shout my name up the two flights of stairs from my kitchen to the attic, where my cluttered room was. My stomach dropped when I realized I forgot to empty the dishwasher when I got home from school. I rushed downstairs preparing to get the usual lecture when my dad called me into the living room. Where my mom, dad, and brother all sat in uncomfortable silence. I sat down and waited to hear what I predicted was terrible news. I immediately began to think of every possible thing they could be preparing to tell me. I blurted out, “What is this about?”. My foot began to tremble while I chewed on my fingernails as stress overcame my body. My mom said that someone bought our house. My heart dropped, I never imagined that this would happen. Everything that I remember was in that house. When I thought matters couldn’t get any worse my dad began to explain how we were moving to Philadelphia at the end of the school year. Tears began to build in my eyes. Without saying anything I calmly walked out of the room, through the kitchen and up the two flights of stairs to my room where I slammed my door. All my jackets fell from the rusty hook on the back of the door as I collapsed onto my bed. I looked around my room and all I could think was that it wouldn’t be mine for much longer. Everything I knew and loved was going to change. New school, new house, new room, new friends, new challenges. For the first time in my life, I didn’t want summer to start. I guess it was my fear of change that scared me the most. The unknown. I was afraid of everything that came with moving. I began to cry as I examined things in my room I never paid any mind to. I peered out of the window my bed had been pushed up to for as long as I could remember and watched the sunset. I tried to create a plan to prevent the upcoming disaster but deep down I knew it was inevitable. I couldn’t imagine restarting my whole life. I never wanted to move, I loved my house. With its fading yellow walls and hundreds of willowing books. I didn’t want someone else to get the treehouse, my brother, dad and I built for my 7th birthday. I didn’t want another family to cover our memories with theirs. Fast forward 12 months. I’ve made the once frightening city my home. If someone were to tell me that this would be my life as I hopelessly laid in bed that night, I would’ve never in a million years believed them. I have since then met so many amazing people and have grown a genuine love for school. I can happily say that although my world crumbled around me I have made an even more beautiful life here. I’ve realized that change is a blessing in disguise. Once I made it through the painful nights and lonely days I made this my home. I discovered that nothing is permanent, nothing except myself and my family. Life is too short to focus on things that we cannot change.