Advanced Essay #2: Immigration Laws and why They are Atrocious

Intro

My name is Kayla Kelly and the reason why I wrote this paper about immigration laws because I was really passionate about why most of them are wrong. and to show not to judge other people based on their appearance. this essay mainly focuses on how the refugee and immigrant can have access to basic needs because they aren’t allowed in or thrown out by immigration laws.

Immigration Laws and why Most of Them are Atrocious

The illegal immigration reform and immigrant responsibility act of 1996 effects the depressing story of refugees and immigrants in America because it is the story that is misheard, misunderstood or disregarded by the American believers of fabricated stories and disbelievers of the real. The illegal immigration reform and immigrant responsibility act of 1996, where there are about 30 crimes such as shoplifting can get and illegal immigrant deported but also and white american man can do any of those crimes and not get sent anywhere even though it shows that he will kill or harm people, so what difference separates the white man and a Latino, Mexican, or even Muslim man, nothing other than race, a white man can be just a dangerous as a refugee but we don’t send them anywhere. but also there are people being deported because they are illegal immigrants which most of them came for a better life than death and hunger, and we are denying them easy access to basic needs because they don’t have proper documentation because they were saving them or their family. In Enrique’s journey, he was put in jail for speeding and found out he didn’t have proper documentation so they were going to deport him because of a law made in 2008, ” In 2008 the federal government began rolling out a program every police department in the country had to implement by 2013: if someone in the country is arrested for any reason, their fingerprints must be sent to the federal immigration authorities who will deport people who are in the United States”(pg 259) and he had to stay there until he did get deported and his son and daughter were still in America at the time so he had to see his children through a glass window,”(pg 269) Enriques looks through the screen, emotions dancing in his eyes.” until he got his proper documentation but if he was deported his children wouldn’t have their father which is very sad, because none of us wants that to happen to our children, so why should we do it to theirs. And before Enrique even crossed the border his girlfriend was pregnant and so maria Isabell was alone and scrutinized how she was raising her child who was always dirty and sick and couldn’t go to a hospital had to embark on the very treacherous journey to America and their daughter Jasmine was alone without her parents and so Jasmine also made the very treacherous journey I mean they could have been killed on the many attempts, to have someone you love die because they wanted to see you shouldn’t happen.

Immigration laws are still important for the reason for overpopulation and then there is no food and homes in America. But when any refugee or Immigrant makes a journey they 100% know that they have a 95% chance of dying, getting diseases, majorly hurt, major mental illness, will suffer extreme hunger and dehydration, be jailed, be told/reprimanded to go back, raped, and many more like this incident, “She begins to cry. He puts the edge of the blade to her throat. She takes off her pants, and he checks them for money. “If you scream,” he says “we cut you to bits.” Then rapes her”(pg 97) which shouldn’t happen and makes America much safer. But they do this for a better life in America such as clean water, modern medicine, food, no gunshot of any kind heard in the night, and the worst part of this is that you can’t cross the border and all the risk and pain was for nothing, and you don’t get even a tiny bit of the dream life with food and a safe home. This is a horrible thing to do to these people who are only trying to escape from a life that had no hope of getting better and had the possibility of death, especially when we have everything they absolutely need to not die and so having these border laws is like saying no to saving them from the pain of dying. And we are saying no to these people because of all the lies and stereotypes told by everyone in America which is wrong because we also don’t want to be stereotyped. And it is because of people in America people pass these lies on like a story handed down for generations, and tell them like all the refugees are the monster of the story. A reason for why Americans are so abstract minded is because they are fed these fabricated stories of refugees doing crimes and such and want to believe that they all are bad, but in reality, all of them are pretend stories of real people and some of them are where the people where they’re at the wrong time. And since they are taught this by the news to which they think they can trust it because almost all new stories are fake because it’s the news and people always say trust the news, and so it creates an ethos without any proof, in reality, it becomes a pathos. So they follow their feelings instead of solid proof and so they pursue their feelings and intuitions when feelings and intuitions can be very wrong most times and can create huge problems. And this affects everyone, since these people that heard the news or follows the people with strong and wrong feelings, then they can and will create laws based on something non-realistic for example, I want a robot that does my benchmarks for me but I can’t have that, it’s possible but non-realistic, the laws we create are what we want but it is non-realistic and they create so many problems for people whos homeland guarantees them death, war, and hunger. So I just want people to reconsider things when they want it their way instead of listing to another person’s perspective when they want to be mean to someone else especially refugees and migrants because they are going through things much worse than yours.

The reason there is abstract minded Americans is that those are the people who don’t really listen to the true story of refugees which makes them more racist narrow-minded people of today which causes many of the major problems in America. The majority of Americans don’t understand what life is like at any point in a refugee life, they come from somewhere where there is so much hunger, poverty, death, and war and american take for granted their full bellies and safe homes, and refugees go to America for a better safer homes, but we are banishing them from things we take for granted and what they need the most. It really should matter whether there are criminals in our country, and why we label them all criminal is the biased thoughts that plague the American’s minds.

All quotes are in Enrique’s Journey, By Sonia Nazario.