Advanced Essay #4 - Christian

In today’s world everyone is using social media. We use social media to stay connected with loved ones whom we cannot see everyday, to stay intuned with the world and what's going on around us , some use social media to acquire fame and a following, others use social media to just pass the time.

In 2017, 81 percent of U.S American citizens had a social media profile. According to certain estimates online, the number of worldwide social media users reached 1.96 billion and is expected to grow to some 2.5 billion by 2018. Many people look at social media as a pleasant creation that is positive and harmless. What many people don't know is that social media isn't all positive and harmless after all. Social media can help hate groups and other people acquire more attention and followers. Hate groups and social media users can get people to idolize them, and their opinions by posting on social media and advertising themselves and their beliefs. Hate groups like Isis for example has used social media to recruit people and gain more attention, social media has helped the group draw at least 30,000 foreign fighters, from some 100 countries, to the battlefields of Syria and Iraq.

Going back to the central idea or question of this Advanced Essay is how does social media affect our soldiers during war, and their families back home? Personally I feel like social media allows america and the soldiers who are stationed in a different country to be more connected. It also allows the families who have loved ones in the serves to e more connected and see what's going on in real time. It also allows the families back home to Hear their stories in real time and lets the families to see what is exactly going on, social media takes a sense of wonder away from the families.

As far as people and hate groups using social media to gain attention, our current president Donald Trump does this almost everyday, Donald Trump uses social media immaturely and says outrageous things on twitter to gain attention and supports. Almost the whole 2016 presidential election Donald Trump was just saying outrageous and idiotic things on television and social media to get everyone to give him their attention and to have everyone talking about him. Personally in America everyone has the right to freedom of speech and can express their feelings however they'd like as long as it isn't violent or breaking a law, but Donald Trump tweets put soldiers stationed in other counties in jeopardy. Trump's tweets put american soldiers in jeopardy because maybe someone doesn't like what they hear and takes actions into their own hands like the russian ambassador getting assassination. The United States has over 3,000 military bases across the globe in the their name. The president of the United States of America  tweets immaturely and starts arguments with Snoop Dogg who’s a legend. Trumps immaturely doesn't just put our soldiers at risky but our nation at risk as well. Hopefully these next four years aren't a disaster.