Aldo Caushaj Capstone

My capstone was to teach a small law class to kids at my former middle school. I choose this for my capstone because during my junior year when I started doing my ILP I was given the opportunity to take an intro into law class. Everything that I received from this intro into law class was more than I had thought before, I went into this class thinking that it would be another lecture or presentation that I would have to attend and leave not receiving anything, but I would just end up watching somebody teach me from a script that they had created for a mass group, but not an individual. As soon as I started my first class though I quickly learned that everything that I had presumed about this group would be turned on its head and tossed out the window. We were given a blank slate and encouraged to take control of our learning our mentors encouraged us to ask questions and ask them what we wanted to learn about and what kind of laws that we wanted to discuss. I wanted to replicate the experiences I had in that group with the students at my middle school I taught two classes there one to students that were in 8th grade going to high school and the other to ESOL students they were mixed with 7th and 8th graders I wanted to have a Lesson with them because I used to be one myself and wanted to show them that even if you don't have the same advantages as the other students born here it just means that you need to work harder and you need to achieve more than those around you. In each class thought the one thing that I wanted to leave kids with was not that they needed to peruse an education in law I wanted to leave them with knowledge of knowing your rights and the core values that our school offers Inquiry, Research, Collaboration, Presentation, and Reflection. Link to Presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1b_Zr5M2YqcsPbt5l4Vr2vc9-fnI36rdL6ymwZTsLaoE/edit#slide=id.g1f532d24c2_0_0

​My capstone was to teach a small law class to kids at my former middle school. I choose this for my capstone because during my junior year when I started doing my ILP I was given the opportunity to take an intro into law class. Everything that I received from this intro into law class was more than I had thought before, I went into this class thinking that it would be another lecture or presentation that I would have to attend and leave not receiving anything, but I would just end up watching somebody teach me from a script that they had created for a mass group, but not an individual. As soon as I started my first class though I quickly learned that everything that I had presumed about this group would be turned on its head and tossed out the window. We were given a blank slate and encouraged to take control of our learning our mentors encouraged us to ask questions and ask them what we wanted to learn about and what kind of laws that we wanted to discuss. I wanted to replicate the experiences I had in that group with the students at my middle school I taught two classes there one to students that were in 8th grade going to high school and the other to ESOL students they were mixed with 7th and 8th graders I wanted to have a Lesson with them because I used to be one myself and wanted to show them that even if you don't have the same advantages as the other students born here it just means that you need to work harder and you need to achieve more than those around you. In each class thought the one thing that I wanted to leave kids with was not that they needed to peruse an education in law I wanted to leave them with knowledge of knowing your rights and the core values that our school offers  Inquiry, Research, Collaboration, Presentation, and Reflection. 

Link to Presentation: 

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1b_Zr5M2YqcsPbt5l4Vr2vc9-fnI36rdL6ymwZTsLaoE/edit#slide=id.g1f532d24c2_0_0