Alex Held's Slide

Things that made my slide better were the following:

- few words

- big letters

- pictures

- things that appeal to the viewer

- eye-catching material

When I started designing my slide, I wanted to create something that personified who I was and what makes me up- what I do and see almost every day of my life. I wanted to make something original that told who I was without writing a paragraph about myself. I used many of the helpful tips on the Presentation zen website to guide me in creating a productive slide. I used the 7x7 rule to limit the words I have on my slide. It states to have no more than seven words on my slide. I wanted to keep it short and to the point just like the "glance media." I also incorporated the "rule of thirds" into my slide by using both images and text to lure the eye into the slide. Again, using the tips, I utilized the "blank space" and "one slide, on point" rules to the best of my abilities. I left blank space because those are the things in my life that I do cherish, some more than those that I put on my slide, but I know deep down that they do mean more to me and do not necessarily need to be displayed. I also just wanted to get my point across and not say much at all.

On my revised slide I added a black fill to the blank spaces with colors that did not fit in with the rest of the slide as I was commented on during my presentation. 
My Slide