Alex McGrorty Benchmark Quarter 2

​To complete my benchmark I had to research all branches of government  and figure out which laws, court cases or bureaucratic functions applied directly to my life. Basically I just thought out all the things I do in a day (it's not much, when I really think about it) and how the government impacts any of these activities. I also scoured through lists of court cases and used the bureaucratic blogs as reference. 

I found this to be an easy process, but a very tedious one. The work itself wasn't hard per se, but it took a lot of research and the ability to just sit down and work through the inner workings of the government. Once I began actually realizing what laws and processes affect me, the overall process was much easier. 

I definitely believe that the government will have a lot of more impact on my life as I get older. Right now I'm on the edge of that threshold, however, I don't do things like pay taxes or try to purchase property. I'm too young to be eligible for a lot of government processes, but they will begin to affect me a lot more as I get older and go through my life.