Aluminium Print/Matte

My element is Aluminum AL, the atomic number is 13. Sir Humphry in 1809 named the element aluminum and then Britain editor in 1812 wrote it as aluminum due to it harmonizing with many other element names like sodium and potassium. The way I got the idea for the imagery I chose was due to the history of the use of aluminum, I found out that the Apollo 11 spacecraft was made out of aluminum. so I thought that was a good idea to design a space ship landing on the moon. The process I went through to make this print was drawing out the image on a normal piece of paper then I copied it on tracing paper and then I copied it backward on the plate foam paper and identified the negative space by denting the foam on the plate paper. Something I would do differently is not shaded in the negative space and should just outline stuff just so it could look neater. The part of the project that I liked the most was the printing process when we were adding the paint on the image. The steps to complete this process is taking the brayer and dipping it in the printing ink and then rolled it evenly in it and then rolled it evenly again against the foam paper.

FullSizeRender (26)
FullSizeRender (26)