An unfinished story...

After reading my first blog post, it probably have opened your eyes to realize drug are a major issue in the United States. Drugs are a big part of the reason why our country is in debt. After my last blog post, I have learned that drugs are taken for many reasons. Some of these reasons are curiosity, improvement of athletic performance, or to ease other problems. I also learned that drug abuse is more focused on the consequences of using the drug than how much it is frequently used.  A common myth that people usually think is if treatment didn’t work before, it won't work again. Recovery from drug addiction is a long process that often involves setbacks. Relapse doesn’t mean that treatment has failed or that you’re a lost cause. Rather, it’s a signal to get back on track, either by going back to treatment or getting use to the treatment approach. If you are worried that a friend or family member is using drugs and at risk of becoming addicted, you should try to get them help as soon as possible.

For my original research, I want to visit a rehabilitation center to observe what are the daily activities people do at these centers. I also want to ask a few questions such as how many come in for help a day, or yearly.  I think this would of helped me understand my issue better because It would of showed me how frequently people are seeking for help in the areas near us. This observation would of showed me that drugs are a major part of people's lives and it takes a lot to get rid of them. My personal opinions on drugs are why continue to make them if they cause so much harm to human beings. Also, I think the United States need to enforce stricter laws on drugs because now a days I walk the streets of my neighborhood and see young people around my age or even younger smoking blunts, or on the corners selling illegal drugs. I still wonder what is in the drugs that make people do crazy things, or how can the bad drugs such as heroin or cocaine be used in a good way?

I was unable to do my original research due to printing and faxing problems, but I will later compare my predictions to the actual observation. For my Agent of Change, I am planning to find maybe two people who have recovered from drug abuse to come in and talk to my advisory. The two people have to be willing to share their experience and they have to work with an organization for safety purposes. They will talk about their experience and maybe persuade young people not to use drugs. Also, they will answer any question that are asked from the students in my advisory. However, If any other advisories wanted to join maybe they could. Keep out on the part #2 of my second blog post.

This is also one of my close friends that is smoking. She is currently in high school. She is 15 years old and suprisingly gets high grades in high school. She frequently has been smoking on the daily basis with a group of friends. 

Here is a picture of a person close to me that is smoking. This person is currently still in high school and has been smoking since

the age of 12. This person tends to have bad grades in school and rarely attends school.

Annotated bibliography

FullSizeRender (3)
FullSizeRender (3)
This is also one of my close friends that is smoking. She is currently in high school. She is 15 years old and suprisingly gets high grades in high school. She frequently has been smoking on the daily basis with a group of friends