April Woodburn's Blog on Perspective

This quarter in art class has been all about perspective. We did small practice drawings to get us started, and then we moved onto our project. The project was a drawing of one of the walls in art class in detail.
The first drawing that we practiced with is the box drawing. following the rules of perspective, we drew squares and turned them into three dimensional cubes around the picture, showing the tops of those below the horizon line, the bottoms of those that are below it, the left of those to the right of the line and the right of those on the left.
Then we drew our names in boxes to give them the right structure and drew lines to the vanishing point show the three dimensions.
I drew the long wall in the back of the classroom. The one facing west, i think. I started by marking the vanishing point in the center of the page and drawing a box around it, whose dimensions were based on the number of ceiling tiles there were along the wall. Then, i drew the pillar in the corner by coming out onto the side wall a bit and following the guidlines of the ceiling and letting it come back to the wall.