Art 2- Quarter 1- Art Collection

​Figure Drawing & Clear Object Drawing

In my experience I had a very hard time comprehending how to draw the person, when we were doing our figure drawing. There were many times when I did want to stop, give up and be done, but since Ms. Hull doesn't let us give up, that wasn't an option. I think in the end i did have a good out come, I do think I could have made it better though. That applies to everything though. This was one of the harder things I've ever had to do in any art class. That was because I was completely out of my comfort zone, I hate drawing people. I am proud of what I accomplished though. None of our drawings looked exactly, but after a while I understood that everyone has a different perspective, so there really is no "Correct" way for your project to end. So though I don't think it's perfect, I'm proud of what I was able to accomplish, because it was much more than I ever saw myself doing. 

With the Clear Object Drawing I was scared before we started, because I've never drawn anything I could see through before. So that was something new, and clearly I did finish it, but I feel like there was a point in the middle of the process where I would have liked to stop and be done. Not because i was tired of the drawing, it just felt finished to me. I do like what I ended up with though, I think I did eventually get the essence of the glass. The video we watched in our art class really did help though, before that I had no idea how to even start drawing the cup. It really gave you the essence of how to get all the curves, and the lighting and how that traveled through the glass. So in the end, I like my outcome, and am glad I learned from the experience.

2011-11-03 14.28.28
2011-11-03 14.28.28
2011-11-03 14.21.57
2011-11-03 14.21.57