Art Blog- Quarter 4

Here are the pictures of the things that I have done:

Abstract
Facial features
Abstract Motion
Abstract Emotion
More Abstract 
Observation Landscape 

Throughout Q4 art I focused on abstract art the most. The resources that I used in order to create my pieces of artwork were oil pastels. These oils pastels helped in order for me to create a different texture and look than my usual drawings. The main technique that I used throughout this process was smudging the color once it was already on. Overall for this project, the main focus was not to only attempt to draw adeptly but to ensure that I added emotion and enjoyed drawing.

OBSERVATION LANDSCAPE:
IMAG0556
IMAG0556
The first picture here that I have done is an observation landscape. I took a picture of SLA and then decided to draw it from the perspective of which I saw it. I wanted to add a car in front of it to make it look more realistic. When adding the colors it was hard to make outlines. The oil pastels are thick and the blending was quite difficult, but overall I think that it came out looking well. When make the bricks, I attempted to give it more of a look by adding different colors of oil pastels and making marks with a pencil inside. This gave the picture more texture. 

FACIAL FEATURES/ABSTRACT: 
IMAG0558
IMAG0558
When doing this drawing I originally was looking for a picture of abstract when I came across a picture of a women. She was just regularly drawn. I decided to add a little bit of my own flare to it by making the face abstract and adding highlights into her hair. When doing this I made sure to make her face with multiple colors. I think this made it look better as I also included shading. Inside her lips, you can also see the details as it fades out. The most challenging portion of this drawing was the chin. When attempting to making the chin shading I colored too dark. After a while I decided to lighten it up with an eraser so that it would look a bit more natural.

MORE ABSTRACT:
IMAG0560
IMAG0560
IMAG0553
IMAG0553
For this portion of abstract, I did two drawings. One of the drawings was sort of a fish mixed with a bird and other designs. The other drawing depicts a flower. The flower picture was really just me making colors blend and closing my eyes and pointing out the first three colors that I saw. These colors were blue, black and pink so I blended them together to make a cool picture. The fish/bird drawing started off with me just drawing swirls, from there I made strokes with the oil pastels and blending colors in what looked like can be a wing. 

ABSTRACT MOTION:
IMAG0554
IMAG0554
IMAG0555
IMAG0555
The two photos above of abstract motion were suppose to depict movement. I wanted to do something unique that made me feel like my head was spinning or reminded me of walking. So both of these drawings are mainly lines and oil pastel smudges that I made with my finger.In the first drawing I tried to make a flower type thing that add a tornado type feel coming out of it to add more emphasis by adding swirls and making finger nail marks. In the second drawing I also tried to make some things look like they were falling a bit. 

ABSTRACT EMOTION
Art = )
Art = )
IMAG0046
IMAG0046
IMAG0047
IMAG0047
IMAG0048
IMAG0048
The four pictures in the painting above was suppose to depict abstract emotion. The purpose was to draw what I was feeling. Each picture depicted my moods the different days and how I felt. I focused on this because it was my main aspect of drawing. There was a lot of blending of the oil pastels in all the pictures, but the last. In the first picture I also made eraser marks in the red portion to make a different texture than I was used to. Overall, I feel like these pictures set the tone of my life lately.