Art coming to Life!

400x400
400x400
400x400-1
400x400-1
400x400-2
400x400-2
400x400
400x400
400x400-1
400x400-1
20111103143001
20111103143001
What amazing projects. These drawings had turned out better than I thought. Drawing makes me see the world as a completely different place. I like to draw and enhance my learning as I believe drawing is a relaxing, calming and entertaining. 

We started out our life size drawing by sketching out a rough figure. The utensil we used was charcoal. The point of the project was to draw things to real life scale. By drawing to real life scale, it helped me learn that every detail is necessary. As you can see closely in the  fourth picture down, I had just sloped on the face the first time. When I finally realized that I was drawing what I wanted to see, and not what I really saw, I redrew overtop to show how I made the change. Now the face looks almost picture perfect. This drawing took four, one hour long class periods. A total of four hours. After grasping the concept of drawing what I see rather than what I want to see, I went back and touched things up such as shadow marks, wrinkles, hair, facial marks, body posture. After looking at my final product I feel proud. I feel as though I learned how to draw what I see. I think my best part was drawing the head. The part I can improve on is focusing on her lower body. I feel like I put more effort into the upper body.

Next, we drew the clear objects drawing. The object here was tricky. Again here, we used charcoal.  We basically had to draw shadows and glare from lights. I drew and erased, drew and erased, drew and erased over and over again. This was harder then the life size drawing as you cannot really actually see a clear object, but yet the elements that make it. We worked on this project for two, one hour class period. A total of two hours.