Art Presentation Q3

For this quarter and art, we didn't really use any paint for our pieces. They were majority hand drawn, self-inspired, and required a lot of time. My two favorite pieces were the shading and the Mandala drawing. When I began the drawing of the shaded figure, I was not confident at all that it would turn out the way it did. I knew my art skills weren't the best, and I had to learn the concept of light placement, but seeing how it took me a couple hours and a lot of erasing, it came out a lot better than expected. The mandalas I like because they are more colorful than the rest of my drawing. Although other people drew shapes and figures. I went for the spiral effect, the repetition of colors is relaxing to me. Also, I just like looking at them. Ms.Hull gave us the option to create our Mandalas off of our computers. Knowing myself, and having an understanding of what my art skills were, I chose this as an alternative to drawing them by hand. Although this isn't a technique or a material, it's a resource that I used to make my art beautiful. It gave me alternative that made me comfortable enough to present my work. Something that I learned this quarter, and I keep telling myself. Art takes time. You get what you put into it. I know some pieces I rushed through because Art isn't my specialty, but it's fun. I need to take my time to make something good. I'm proud of my work, and I hope you enjoy it as well.