Art Q3 N-U (Briana Hicks)

1
1
I had trouble with the shading for some reason. I did like drawing the noses for the most part, but I think I messed up with the shading on this one. :/ Hopefully I’ll do better on the next one.
2
2
For this one I had to draw a sleeve. It was pretty easy for the oat part because I’m always drawing the crinkles in clothes. :3 It’s not the best but it’s getting better. Well, for the most part I think it is. :)
Sooo people aren’t my strongest point. But from being on this website for the third quarter, I think I’ve gotten better. I kind of like it and it looks like a cartoon a bit. 
4
4
I think I did good on this drawing as well. I had to draw an 80’s girl(?) and I thought it was pretty cute. It took some time to finish drawing this but in the end I think the time paid off. 
5
5
Another female for this drawing. I did good on this one too but this one took some time as well. The shading again was pretty hard but I worked through it. 
6
6
For this one I had to draw an owl. I love love love owls! I had fun with this one and it didn’t take long to sketch it out. Feathers always take some time to get it done right on the first time but this time it was pretty quick.
7
7
Noses! This was not hard at all. I think the most difficult part was the shading for the shadow around the nose. Other than that it was easy peasy lemon squeezy.
8
8
It’s a giraffe! Giraffes are cute in their own way. This took some time due to the spots and then shading in the spots. But I think it was worth it. Animals are always worth it.
9
9
Just a regular ole cylinder. This wasn’t hard at all. Honestly it had to take about 3-6 minutes to completely finish. There wasn’t anything special about it so it didn’t make me feel any type of a way.
10
10
A baby lip is what it was. I’m not super happy with the shading but it’ll work. I think you can tell what it is and what I was trying to do. I like the feeling of trying new things and trying to get better drawing real people and stuff like that. 
11
11
A curly afro! I think I got lazy with this one. It was a lot to do but I did try my best. I didn’t know how to really shade it that much with the tools I had but I shaded in a much as I could while trying to keep the curls in tack.
12
12
I had to draw a baby girl and I think this is the best person I’ve ever drawn. I was really proud of myself for doing so good on this one. I didn’t think it took as long as some of the other ones with was a plus. 
13
13
I had to draw a young adult girl for this one. I don’t think I did too good with the shading. And the hair is a little off to me but I did the best I could. I think I took a little long with the hair because I didn’t know how to make it look like an exact match to the original photo. 
14
14
I like drawing flowers. I think this is the only thing I can do right for real life drawings. I really enjoyed drawing this rose. I think roses are beautiful and to be honest, they’re one of my favorite flowers because they mostly represent my birthstone. 
15
15
I LOVE DRAWING EYES! I still think I haven’t mastered drawing people eyes right but I think I do pretty good for an amateur. The eyelashes don’t look the best to be as well as the iris. I think I need to draw human eyes more often so that it helps with my manga drawing.
16
16
I had to draw another one of the squirkle tree. I didn’t like drawing it because it took a lot of unnecessary time. It should not have taken as long as it did to me.
17
17
I think I messed up a lot with this little boy. For the most part I wish I didn’t but I most likely did. This isn’t my best but I guess I can be content with this drawing. 
18
18
Another eye! I think I did better on this eye than the other one. I thought I was going to mess up big time on this one since it had part of the face with the eye. But! I actually did pretty well on this. 
19
19
Another little girl I had to draw. I think this one was alright compared to the other I had to draw. This one didn’t take as long as the other little girl did so I guess that’s why it didn’t turn out as well. Other than that, I’ll give myself a little pat on the back. 
DALMATIAN! This was really hard to draw. I didn’t like drawing this at all even though I love animals. For me the shading was really hard and I couldn’t get the spots down right. The dog itself was not bad but the little details is where it hit me hard.
21
21
Flowers are always nice. They’re even nicer when they have a little smiley face on them. This was elementary my dear Watson. A couple of unfinished ovals and a medium sized circle and BAM. A cute smiling flower. The color process was a little tedious though. 
22
22
So Mr. Wooly is back and he’s back in color! I think I got a little lazy on him this time go round. I mean he’s in color but at the same time he’s not as great as he used to be. This didn’t take long at all and I didn’t feel anything spatular from drawing it either. 
23
23
I think they had me draw a bug of some sort(?) I’m not sure what it was I just drew it since it was up there. The little detail in this one was really bothering and I didn’t enjoy how long it took for me to finish the photo at all. At least it wasn’t in color though.
A pondering guy looking up at something. It wasn’t hard to draw but I know for a fact I messed up on the shading I had to put on him. I think he was supposed to be black but I’m not sure. I only put a little bit of shade on him when I should have put it all around. 
25
25
A smile is worth a million words. I had to draw this guy smiling. To me it looks a bit creepy, the smile and all. There wasn’t anything hard about drawing the smile but I know it’s a little disturbing to look at. 
26
26
Drawing a lady sitting down. I had to get her whole body in this one. I think I did an okay job but for the most part it’s not out of this world. I know I messed up with the hands the most and they could have been draw better but I tried. I think everything else within the picture is fine… apart from the eyes.
27
27
“I Taut I Taw a Puddy Tat!” I had to draw a knock off version of tweety bird. I like tweety bird so I didn’t mind having to draw a cartoon bird. It was the coloring I didn’t really like and I thought that the coloring messed up the picture as a whole to be honest. 
28
28
Another dog another dollar. I didn’t do well with shading on this dog as well. For the most part I think I drew it pretty good but for the shading I don’t think I did well at all. I didn’t want to mess up the good dog that I drew so I shaded in as much as I could to get a good product. 
29
29
Look in the sky! It’s defiantly a bird. I had to draw the face of a cartoon bird. This bird was pink this time and it had a really big head in my eyes. This didn’t take long to draw nor what it hard to do either. 
31
31
Another limb I had to draw. This time it was a whole arm and I thought I did good on this one as well. I like drawing limbs and I like it when they turn out right. The shading wasn’t very hard to do on this one either. I guess because it was a limb it was a bit easier to see where to put the shadows.
32
32
Time for anatomy! For this drawing I had to draw a male’s chest. I’ve always thought a guy’s chest was the hardest thing to draw but it’s really easy…which makes it hard. I’m really used to drawing female bodies it’s hard to not make a curvy body at all. This process didn’t take long and since it was just drawing it without any shading it got done in a flash.
33
33
I don’t what it is but I had to draw it. His hair was covering his eyes and the only thing you can see is his nose and ears. This wasn’t hard either but I’m pretty sure I messed up on the shading of his hair. Hopefully I can get better with shading as time goes. 
34
34
I had to draw another baby. I messed up his hair big time. For the hair I had to squirkle again but I squirkled too much and it looks like he has a long head. The baby had way more shading but I did as I could to as close to the shading as possible. 
35
35
It’s this fruit thing again. I had to redraw it for the fourth time and this time I had to do a different shading pattern. It’s a bit different from the hatching and it focuses more on over layering than anything. I don’t think I did a great job with this shading again. For some reason I can’t grasp it completely. 
36
36
There was an old lady who swallowed a fly… but it’s not this old lady. She had a funny face and her nose was weird but I got it done. She wasn’t too hard but she had a lot of detail in every thing on her. Her whole face was really detailed with the shading as well as her hair. For the most part I think I did pretty well with her. 
37
37
I had to draw and color a butterfly. This made me realize how much I hate coloring even though I should probably like it more. Coloring is time consuming and the color they chose wasn’t that great. I didn’t really like doing this one even though the butterfly itself was easy. 
38
38
Another animal that I know and used to seeing makes it easier to envision. The hard part was the head. The shading doesn't look exactly like fur.
39
39
Ear was very simple as well. It was just a big ear without anything else. Only part of the shading was done on the ear even though it had a bit more.
40
40
Drawing the head and features like the other heads was the easier part. The main problem with this one was the full face shading and still making look like a person.
41
41
Even though the head is shaped differently than a regular head it wasn't that hard to draw. The facial shading wasn't to bad. The added shirt with the face wasn't hard at all either.
42
42
The head was very simple. It was just the outline of a head with the ears and neck. This was the easiest to draw.
43
43
The bird was pretty easy to be honest. It was just a couple of lines and so. I really liked drawing the eye and shading that in. The shade on the beak isn't the greatest but it'll work for this picture.
44
44
The frog wasn't that hard to draw. The eyes and the mouth were the hardest to get. I didn't really do to well with the shading so I'm hoping to get better with that. 
45
45
This was a bizarre one to draw. Just the way it look wasn't like the other pictures. The bases of the picture is manly lines and geometric shapes so that was nice.
46
46
This one is like the head but with the facial details. IT wasn't that much harder to do. Hair, eyes, nose, mouth are fine. The shading on the face isn't done that well.
47
47
The snake was easy to draw. The shading for the snake is alright.  All the other parts of the snake are there its the shading that makes it look weird.
This didn’t take that long to finish. I didn’t really feel anything when I was drawing this because it was a baby face I had to draw and I’m not great with baby faces. I think I got a bit of the shading down but for the most part it wasn’t that bad to do. 
30
30
Oh la la. I had to draw a leg for this one. I think I did amazing with the limb I was given. The shading is really good and the fact that the whole thing fit on my paper was great! I was a little worried it wasn’t going to fit on the whole paper as it was but it turned out okay