Ayanna Robinson History Benchmark Q3

North Korea and Mauritania

knmr-lgflag

North Korea is located on the Korean Penninsula between China and South Korea. They are an incredibly hostile country that constantly breaches the contracts of the United Nations at the risk of losing trade partners. Fortunately for them, China is a big enough ally and power to protect them. 

Mauritania is a LDC (least developed country). They have an almost nonexistent economy and many water and crop problems. They're located in the western corner of Africa surrounded by Mali., Senegal, Morocco and Algeria.

My first thought for this project was how to make my project not boring without forcing myself to do more than I was capable. I instantly thought my best bet would be a Prezi, because not only can I work well through Prezi, it is easy to make an entertaining and knowledgeable project through it. I did all of my research first; using the five point framework as the basis of everything I gathered. Once I had all the research I placed them in the proper categories and graded each country. 
The five point framework was pretty straightforward except for climate and environmental damage. In some instances, it was hard to tell what was a climate change problem and what was a environmental problem. In a lot of situations they can be interchangeable so it was hard to decide which would go where. 
The one thing I would change about the project would be the final product. I think having a verbal debate rather than turning in a physical project is more effective. At the end, the entire class can vote on the grades for the five point framework of the country.