Through out this quarter we were assigned a project named ‘You and the world’. You and the world is a research project that has us teenagers connect with more than just our daily issues. With world issues we choose these world issues and than explore the topic keeping in mind what we learned, and what we would like to learn more about.
· Drug and alcohol abuse
· Expansion of organized crime
· Illiteracy and lack of education
· Lack of political will to end the practice
· Poverty and unemployment
· Low status of girls in many countries
· Inadequate or non-enforced laws
· Forcing victims into prostitution
· Subjecting victims to slavery or involuntary servitude
· Compelling victims to commit sex acts for the purpose of creating pornography
· Misleading victims into dept bondage
I wonder what are all these countries doing to stop human trafficking or if some of the countries are doing anything at all. Do traffickers let their victims free or do they kill them?
Learn more from these websites: