Baggage

Many who have been raped often have trouble forgiving their rapist; it's also hard for them to completly heal. I interviewed two of my friends- a victim, and a friend of a victim, to hear how they dealt with this traumatizing experience. 

Throughout the project, I learned things about my friends that I never knew before. The amount of courage they showed, and the forgiveness they gave just amazed me. They taught me that even when a trusted friend or family member crosses the line and hurts you, that you should forgive them. In a way, they themselves crossed emotional boundaries when they found the bravery to get over this experience (and not dwell in the past) and to eventually tell the authorities about it. Some who have been raped can never get themselves to tell anyone, and for my friends to cross those emotional boundaries to tell me their story was just great. They taught me to never hang on to things that only cause you pain. 

Also, this project taught me plenty on how to use Audacity, and how to edit audio so that it sounds okay. I had to edit out my friends voices because they wanted to be some-what anonymous, and it was fun and interesting to learn about that as well.  Finally, I learned how to convert .mov files to .mp3 just by using itunes- made everything a lot easier. 

Chris Tran (Student 2015)
Chris Tran

This was a very good podcast. I like how they listed so many boundaries that he/she passed after getting raped. I notice how your reflection is really deep and the questions are very good and straight forward.