Blog post #2: Curfew Representative

MinorityBizSanchez*280
MinorityBizSanchez*280
I am still against curfew, I'm represented by Maria D. Quinones-Sanchez from the 7th district. She represents the 7th district, she is known as the first Latina to serve in the Philadelphia city council. I am going to figure out her thoughts on my lobbying topic, curfew. She was born November 12 in Philadelphia, PA. She is married with 2 kids. She has been in office since 2008 till 2012. She had a high of, 80% of votes November 6 of 2007. She was guaranteed a 4 year term. There are many things that she is known for she is a member of multiple committees. Such as;
Education
Ethics
Appropriations
and many more
She is also chair committee of license and inspections. She is involved with so much especially when it comes o the public she is involved in such as
Housing and Homeless
Labor and Civil Service
Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs
Public Health and Human Services
She is involved with many things especially if ti involves the public.
In the past "Cyber Action" has completely disagreed with the curfew law that was set. This group in particular is basically setting a goal making sure everyone in the community is trying to get the council members to not agree with the law at stake about curfew. It seems as though council woman Maria D. Quinones-Sanchez was agreeing with the law that was being made about curfew. I believe that she is for the curfews and that she is not about to stand down in any way to make the curfew law, out. The city council states that the voting recently had been 15-1 meaning only one person voted against the curfew law. "It’s a bad bill,” Blackwell said. “It won’t work.”

It's ironic how she is Latina and I am also. Yet I feel we have nothing in common. I noticed she had done some pretty outstanding things in her time such as; focus on education throughout the city, focus on crime and public safety etc; her accomplishments are in a way similar to my community service. I help around the neighborhood and volunteer at the PSPCA. We both have a connection where we both interact with the community in a positive way.
A little more about Maria D. Quinones-Sanchez:
- She is from the 7th district
-  The youngest in city council
-  Known for her reduced crime rates
-  Known for her increase in economic opportunity
-  Known for outstanding achievements
-  Made history November 2007 by having 80% of votes and being Latina