Blog Post #4

My plan is to essentially dominate an area or something. I have teamed up with Julia and Alaya in the anti-fracking movement. On my own however I feel as though I want to start somewhat smaller and make a commercial about fracking. Since my English class is focused right now on advertisements I can invest this time into making a very effective commercial to display. Hopefully I can then get it out to the public and make people think what they want to. This is my way of doing some small things well, however this is something that can get the attention of people.
        I feel as though letters to congress wouldn’t work because I’m pretty sure that is what most people who care about this thing are doing, especially those it effects. I figured if something is to be done then we need to make noise and be heard. If one person in class is talking that is disruptive, but if everyone is yelling for changes that is chaos and calamity.  I figure a series of commercials released every so often could bring more people together on this subject. Especially if it’s a regular thing, like new information posted and stuff.
        So far I’ve made the outlines for the first commercial and I plan to release it over Christmas break. Basically I want to use ethos and pathos for the commercial which is essentially appealing to the consumers emotions and I want to use stats with it. I will use some of the commercial tools that I have been learning in Ms Rami’s class. The commercial set up will start off viewing the lands of Pennsylvania then switch to drilling in the earth. Then I want to see if I can have some powerful background music and with that some speech being made by a government official. From there I have many idea’s that would be too much to convey.
I hope to one day meet the guy who made gas lands and see if I can get him involved, because that would be great.  As far as the anti-fracking rally is going I need to collaborate more with Alaya White and Julia Boyer