Final Stamp Design

IMG_20170514_164458662.jpg

When I started brainstorming the cut out stamp I wanted it to focus on something related to the sport of track and field. I decided on a simple design of track shoes but these design did not work because I could not draw the shoes properly. After the different spikes and track shoes designs did not work, I decided to move on from the shoe idea and draw an actual track. This stamp symbolizes me because since track and field is a major part of my life I find that most people know me for running track. My current events are 100m, 200m, 400 x 100 and long jump so I spend hours every day practicing or competing.

My first design of the track field was originally an entire track field with the word "determination" in the center but due t how long the word is I also had to scrap that idea. Finally I simplified it to a singular ring with the word "track" arranged into a peak formation. The orange negative space serves as a contrast to the purple positive space. The lack of negative space in the letter "A" it what helps create the peak formation. My biggest challenge was cutting out the letters for the circular track. The razors that I used kept ripping the paper and was terrible at cutting the curves.

With a steady hand, I glued all of my pieces together. The ridges formed along the field represent my challenges and progressions in life. In summary the important aspects of my life are summed up in a simplistic stamp design.TRACK is life!