Love Towards Mexico

Something I really took away from Trevor Noah’s memoir was his sense of humor. I tried to incorporate humor into my memoir, I just hope it was somewhat funny for the reader. He had humor in his vignette and a part where you can see that is on page 107. He says “he had a cheeky smile with two big teeth”. That shows the humor from his life, between him and his mom. As I’ve said before, I like Trevor Noah, I see his shows, and I’m aware that he is known for his comedy. So me being a person who likes humor, I got that from his books, and put that style in my, with my own life situations and thoughts. I did two, thoughts and humor. Trevor wrote down what he was thinking at that moment and he also wrote down some funny lines. I explained my Mexican- American culture, because many other kids have to go through that, where they must travel alone to see their other family members, it’s a good feeling, but you wished you had your whole family together. But I also show that I wasn’t the only one traveling alone, when I talked about the other kids. It explains a moment from my life, and it shows what I have to do every time I go see my family in Mexico. I see this culture as both the Mexican culture and the Chicano culture. The Chicano culture because I’m from a Mexican family, but I was born in the United States. Not many Mexican Americans in Philadelphia consider themselves “chicanos” do to that it’s only really said in movies or used more in the west where it first originated back in the 1960’s. Lastly, it’s the Mexican culture, because I couldn’t talk a lot about my experience in Mexico but I experience the Mexican culture, which is beautiful and I love going to Mexico, I truly feel at peace. But I hope y’all liked my story. Thank you.

Love towards mexico- By Eric BM #2