Boys Ultimate Makes States!

The Boys Ultimate team qualified for the State Championships on Sunday with dramatic wins over Holy Ghost Prep and Upper Merion High School! SLA won both games with sudden death scores to win 11-10, but the games were dramatically different stories.

Against Holy Ghost, the Rockets jumped out to a 7-3 lead at half, with the defensive zone creating turnover after turnover. The offense was getting everyone involved, with six different players scoring the seven goals. But Holy Ghost regrouped at half time and slowly chipped into the lead, tying the game at 10-10 as time expired. But with the game on the line, the offensive squad marched the disc down the field with sophomore Eli Zimmerman throwing to junior Nate Little for the winning goal.

The Upper Merion game tested SLA's mettle as the team found itself down 7-5 at half with both teams fighting for a spot at the State Championships. Upper Merion held the lead and SLA found itself down 10-8 in a game to 11. Facing the need to score three straight points or seeing its goal of making States fade away, the team stepped up and played one of its best stretches of Ultimate of the season. The defense held Upper Merion scoreless, and the offense played flawlessly with junior Eli Block throwing to Nate Little for all three scores to secure a space at States for the Rockets! 

SLA will travel to Allentown over Memorial Day weekend to compete against the top 16 teams in the state! Go Rockets!