Bureaucracy Reflection - Adoption (:

The task I chose was adoption. I decided to do this topic because adoption to me is really interesting, jus the way it helps to get children into safe homes and families is such a good idea to me. The job you gave us to do, was to create a flow chart , get paper work, as well as write a summary about our process. The flow chart was created, we couldn't get paperwork , and this is the summary. The flow chart is based off the process that is taken to adopt a child and questions created to determine if you've taken each step in the accurately. In my personal research, on Adopting. org I found that adoption is quite the job. There’s several steps involved such as:

• Educate yourself and your family members.
  • Decide what type of adoption you want pursue.
  • Investigate ways to handle adoption expenses.
  • Select adoption agency/facilitator and/or attorney
  • Complete an agency application form.
  • Begin the home study process.
  • Attend pre-adoption and parenting classes.
  • Be matched with or locate a child.
  • Prepare for your child's arrival.
  • File a petition to adopt.
  • Finalize the adoption.
  • Post-adoption services and education.

During this process of adoption, you have to fill out a lot of paperwork, mainly in each step you take, but the most important sets of paperwork you have to complete are the actual petition to adopt, post-adoption contact agreements and the agency application which can be either domestic or international. It is very difficult to find examples of adoption papers and agreements because that stuff is all given by actual agencies and are private documents, I think that its been made this diffucult because of the simple fact that America wants to protect its children in the system, yes they want to provide homes for foster children and orphans, but they want to make sure that they are quality, safe environments for them to be in. I think the majority of the project was okay. Below is an example of a certificate of adoption that must be signed by the court judge when the adoption is final :

62adopt_cert
62adopt_cert