Childhood Obesity, You and the World

Do you know what is truly one of the most terrible things ever?  Teen suicide.  Depression, substance abuse, and many other things cause teen suicide.  This ties directly into childhood obesity, because childhood obesity leads to depression and bullying.
            When a child is overweight, it causes them to become the center of a bullies attention.  It makes them a very easy target, and since they already have low self-esteem, it will go straight to the bullied child's head.  The overweight child will begin to think they're no good and that they should just die.  Then they contemplate suicide.
            Childhood obesity is no laughing matter.  It can be deadly both physically and mentally.  If you are reading this and are a bully, stop before you have caused a terrible thing.  If you are a parent reading this, take steps towards helping your child stay fit.  Feed them good food, limit candy, and making them exercise for at least an hour a day are all good measures that can be taken in order to overcome this illness.           

Helping a child overcome childhood obesity is not only good for the child's state of mind, but good for their future physical health.  Obese men have a 51% increase in having the risk for heart diseases, and obese men also have a 27% increase in their death risks.  Helping a child overcome obesity could save their life.

Bibliography: http://njms2.umdnj.edu/hwmedweb/archives/big_archive.htm