Climate Change

Climate change is a huge current concern, a crisis involving our planet., Many studies show that we risk losing many of our planet's beautiful places. Temperatures are rising, water levels increasing, and our ocean water is contaminated on a daily basis. Personally, I don’t want this future for our planet. Nature is a big part of our humanity; it brings us breathable air and makes the world more beautiful. That’s why we must make a change and take action to reverse climate change. I started by addressing the environmental issues in my own community. Litter is a huge problem because when it rains all that waste goes to the sewers and most of that water goes to rivers.. I went to my local park, with my family;my mom, step-dad, and little brother. We picked up trash, and sorted it into a regular trash bin and a recycling bin can that we brought with us. Due to our current pandemic, we also brought masks to wear, and gloves to be safe with what we picked up. We sorted the trash into recyclable and non-recyclable materials so that (why is that step important). My parents like doing this type of thing in our community;we are very attentive, as a family, to our environment. We believe that cleaning up litter in our community is something important that we can do. My parents, supportive of my idea,took some time from their day,and off from their jobs to help me go and pick up trash and then dispose of it in an environmentally conscious way after we were done.

WVOA6384
WVOA6384

I felt very good; and, we knew that we helped our environment., One of the park engineers thanked us and said that it was nice of us to be cleaning the park. I feel like by cleaning up, we made our environment safer, healthier and cleaner, we made essential workers happy; and, hopefully, we inspired others to clean up themselves. For example, my six year old, younger brother also helped out. He went around the park with a stick, grabbing the trash, and putting it into the trash bag. Holding a public park cleanup showed him and all those in our neighborhood that keeping the environment clean is important. Involving young people, like my brother, in these activities, teaches the next generation to care about our planet. Perhaps, in the future,he can do a similar clean up at his school, helping my mission and making my idea grow.

MKKT6310
MKKT6310

Many organizations are working to help our city and country improve the environment, increase air quality, and to make their parks more beautiful. People are also trying to use solar energy, reducing their dependence on power plants that spread greenhouse gases into our environment. Another way to make a difference in the fight for our planet is by protesting, many people gather and protest climate change. There are many changes that will reduce our impact on our planet and help fix the problems we have already caused. There are also websites that people can see to learn more about this topic, and I think that many of these websites are kid friendly.targeting the future generations is important, because when we talk about climate, it’s their future that we are looking forward to. There’s also websites that do stuff like I did in a big group, clean parks, plant trees, and other cool and safe activities to help the environment. I learned so much more about helping our environment and enjoyed helping make a difference in my community with my family. Maybe you and some friends would like to help out the community in a similar way? Go ahead,and grab that litter!